Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Movie Screening: The Good Dinosaur

With the hub bub of life, I haven't been able to take the time to watch all the awesome movies that have been coming out. Luckily I have really awesome friends and family that don't mind taking my place :p. Everyone please welcome the lovely Kim C. as she takes over as today's guest blogger!
"The Good Dinosaur" asks the question: What if the asteroid that forever changed life on Earth missed the planet completely and giant dinosaurs never became extinct?  Pixar Animation Studios takes you on an epic journey into the world of dinosaurs where an Apatosaurus named Arlo (voice of Raymond Ochoa) makes an unlikely human friend. While traveling through a harsh and mysterious landscape, Arlo learns the power of confronting his fears and discovers what he is truly capable of.

©2014 Disney•Pixar. All Rights Reserved.

Initially when I saw the preview of Good Dinosaur, I wasn’t sure what to expect. I thought it might be similar to a rendition of the Dinosaur movie back in 2000; I must say I was hugely mistaken. This was basically based on the idea that the meteor that eradicated all dinosaurs missed the planet therefore dinosaurs continued to live. It’s a heartwarming story about the relationship between a dinosaur named Arlo and a cave boy named Spot fighting through external forces of nature and surviving. My daughter also watched it and when I asked her to describe the movie, she said it took her on an emotional roller coaster but in a good way. 

I have to say one of the best things about this film is how realistic everything looked - from the shrubbery to the waterfalls to the movement of each character right down to the details of the Arlo’s skin and Spot’s hair. It was pretty amazing!  But that’s Pixar for you; they put in a lot of detail into all their movies.

Like a lot of animated movies, the humor is really set for adults but the kids seemed to enjoy it. There was a particular part that was made specifically for adults. It seemed like all the adults in the theater were dying of laughter including myself. My daughter on the other hand leaned over to me and asked, “What’s going on?” I’m not going to tell you exactly what happened but just to give you an idea Arlo and Spot accidentally ate hallucinogenic berries. It was pretty hilarious!

This movie is another great addition to the Pixar collection! Would me and my daughter watch this again? Absolutely!

 ©2014 Disney•Pixar. All Rights Reserved.

Directed by Peter Sohn and produced by Denise Ream (“Cars 2”), Disney•Pixar’s “The Good Dinosaur” opens in theaters on Nov. 25, 2015. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your thoughts and comments!